Thank you for your interest in the Collaborative Piano program at the University of Texas at Austin Butler School of Music. You may use the following link to submit application materials:
For assistance with the actual online application process, please contact Dr. Colette Valentine at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact Professor Anne Epperson at email@example.com with any questions about the collaborative piano program.
Required pre-screening materials for Master of Music or Doctor of Musical Arts applicants include:
1. An updated resume
2. A complete collaborative repertoire list including both vocal and instrumental music
3. A twenty-minute DVD or YouTube upload of a recent live collaborative performance(s) which you feel best represents your pianistic and collaborative abilities
4. A recommendation letter from someone familiar with your collaborative work who is not your major teacher
February 20-21, 2016
Selected applicants will be invited to a live audition in Austin. Requirements are listed below for students who are invited to the live audition round. All invited applicants must confirm specific repertoire choices with Professor Epperson.
Collaborative Piano MM Live Audition Requirements:
- Two contrasting movements from a standard instrumental sonata.
- An example of an orchestral reduction, which can be either a movement from a standard instrumental concerto, or a standard operatic aria.
- A list of six art songs; two in German, two in French and two in English, from which we will choose at the audition.
Collaborative Piano DMA Live Audition Requirements:
A complete, standard instrumental sonata. Several options would be appreciated (but not required) to facilitate partnering.
An example of an orchestral reduction, which can be either a movement of a standard instrumental concerto, or a standard operatic aria.
A list of nine art songs; three in German, three in English and three in French, from which we will choose at the audition.
All live auditions involve a sightreading component and a separately scheduled interview with the collaborative faculty.
The department will provide, free-of-charge, vocal and instrumental partners, page-turners and healthy snacks for the live auditions.